Ronald F. Smith, P.E
Registered Professional Engineer
P.O. Box 42792
Philadelphia, PA 19101
E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Expertise
I have twenty-eighr(28) years of diversified Engineering and Management Consulting Experience. I have the skills necessary to handle, coordinate and facilitate the expansion, modification, and building of industrial
facilities. I can handle all engineering design, construction planning, construction management, as well as providing project progress reports and cost controls. I am familiar with PERT, CPM and numerous computer-based project and construction management tools.
I have experience directing a wide variety of project support, design and construction personnel.
I have excellent verbal and written communication skills. I can handle multiple tasks, while controlling the project within a constantly changing environment. I have experience dealing with multiple internal management layers, and providing effective coordination and mediation, as required, to assure on-time, on-budget
completion. If you have any questions, or desire additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Very truly yours,
Ronald F. Smith, P.E
- University of Pennsylvania
School of Engineering and Applied Science
1967 through 1972
B.S.E. in Chemical Engineering
- Newark College of Engineering
1972 through 1973
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Certification in Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
- Certification in HAZOPS
- Managed Construction Portfolio for Community Housing Development Corporation.
- Preliminary Design for $120 million Low Temperature Carbonization Facility for Botswana .
- Designed and Supervised Construction of Frozen Food Production Facility in Nigeria.
- Designed Food Production and Processing facility for Botswana.
- Designed Cooling System for Aluminum Casting Facility in Accra, Ghana.
- Provided Design and Construction Management and Permitting Services for various refinery projects:
- Crude Unit Expansion (~$100 million)
- Cat feed Hydrotreater(>$500 million)
- Sulfur recovery unit(~$80 million)
- Provided Design and Construction Management Services for various Oil & Gas projects:
- Dehydration facilities
- Gas Frac Plants
- Designed Projects for Lube Oil Additives Manufacturer(13 month in-plant assignment)
- Barge Delivery and Flame-Suppression systems
- Deep Well Elimination Project
- Hazardous Waste Incinerator - Modifications and Permitting
- Conceptual Design and Cost Estimate for Hazardous Waste Landfill, Prepared RFP for Design
Firms, Supervised Bid Conference and Contractor Selection Process($30 million).
- Design of Various Projects for Surfactant Manufacturer(~$5million).
- Conducted Feasibility Study for 250,000 metric ton/yr Rolling Mill for Submission to the World Bank. Project Involved field work in Ghana, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, and Senegal.
- Designed Unit Operations Projects for Polyethylene Plant($10million).
- Designed, Supervised Construction, and Coordinated Startup of Maintenance Chemicals Production Facility. Responsibilities Included Supervision and Training of Thirty-three(33) Production Workers.
- Evaluated Feasibility Study for Pork Farm Operation, Involving Breeding and Processing Operations in Jamaica.
Selected Government Design and Construction Management Projects:
- Municipal Wastewater Characterization, Treatability, Design, Construction Management, and Operator Training for Systems from 1000gpd to 100mgd ( ranging to $150 million)
- Design Management for Cyrofracture Facility for the destruction of chemical munitions(Tooele, Utah)(~$1.5 Billion)
- Part A and Part B permit preparation
- Review of P&ID's
- Supervised Design of Renovation of Outpatient Facilities for Coatesville Medical Facility for The Veterans Administration($7 million).
- Supervised Design and Construction Management Services for Federal Courtrooms in Harrisburg, PA ($350,000).
- Supervised Design and Construction Management Services for Heavy Maintenance Facility for SEPTA($50 million).
- Supervised Design Contractors for HVAC system design and construction for the Officer's Club at the Philadelphia Naval Base.
- Supervised Design of Architectural Barriers Project - VA Medical Center
- Supervised Design of Elevator Shaft Venting Project Design - VA Medical Center
Table of Selected Projects
Table of Selected Environmental Projects